Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visual Book Marking




So I stumbled upon this website that essentially is a visual scrapbook on the internet. As you surf the web, you ‘fffind’ things that may interest or inspire you, or simply catch your eye, and you can add it to your ffffound page. It’s almost like Facebook’s ‘Like’ button, but for the whole internet. The home page shows current popular images, and tells you how many user’s ffffound that item. Another feature I LOVED was when you click on a photo, the website recommends other images you may like. I believe the images are selected by similar key words, and also by the users with similar taste. (Almost like Amazon.com’s ‘customers who bought this also looked at’ feature)

I was very very excited to participate in all of this, until I found out that you must be invited to become a user, keeping the website exclusive to only designers and professionals established in the design/blog world.

As a consolation prize, I found this other GEM of a website: Weheartit.com that operates on the same premise, but lets EVERYONE create an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment